WELCOME FUTURE KINDERGARTENERS
Registration Appointment Slots Announced
Prepare and send registration documents BEFORE your appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions night
Required documents DUE by end of month
Teacher Announcements, Info Packets sent home
What to Expect
- SIGN UP Families who sign up will be contacted by the Registrar February 1 via email by to schedule a registration appointment.
- REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT Fill out registration forms with the Registrar at your appointment in March or April
- SUBMIT DOCUMENTS Send in your documents before your appointment to the registrar via email at email@example.com or drop off copies at the NES front office.
Until then... Explore the passport to sign up for Kindergarten, provide family history, hear a message from our Kindergarten teachers, know what the nurse expects, get involved in ELPAC, and let the Community School know if you are interested in their Extended Day program.
Have Questions? We Have Answers!
Most unique questions will be answered at our Frequently Asked Question Night in February (stay tuned for a date and time).
When does NES confirm a space for my child?
Upon completing your registration appointment and submitting the documents required for registration, the Central Registrar will confirm that your child's enrollment is complete.
When do I find out who my child's teacher will be?
Classroom placements are announced at the end of August.
I work normal business hours. Are there after-school programs?
Contact the Nantucket Community School about Extended Day program!
I am unsure of my plans for September. Should I sign up?
YES! We use this info to know how big our K class will be. It is much easier to remove your child from our list in August if you change your mind than to start the process in August from the beginning.
Are sign-ups and registration the same thing?
No. Sign-ups are so we know who to contact about making Registration appointments. I.e. Registration makes it official!
Can I request my child be placed (or not placed) with another student?
Contact Principal Kim Kubisch with your request.
I am confused! Who can I call?
Central Registrar Sarah Erichsen
508-228-7285 x1149 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Documents for Registration
Submit via email to email@example.com (include your child's name in the message) or bring copies to the NES Front Office (Leave in the drop box to the right of the front doors. Make sure your info is in an envelope with your child's name on it).
Identification - ALL Required
- Photo ID of Parent/Guardian (Driver's license preferred; Passport, MA state ID, military card)
- Child's birth certificate
- Physical Exam, signed by a physician in the last 12 months
- Immunization/vaccination record, including a lead test
Evidence of Residency (ONE of the following)
- MA Driver's License or State ID with Nantucket address
- Copy of deed or record of most recent mortgage payment
- Copy of current lease
- Affidavit of Residency
- Section 8 agreement
Evidence of Occupancy (ONE to confirm Residency, dated within last 60 days)
- Utility Bill (gas, electricity, oil, water, sewer, cable, telephone, wifi)
- Tax bill (property or excise)
- Insurance bill (home, rental, health)
- Current vehicle registration
- Bank or credit card statement
- Payroll stub
- Letter from an approved agency (Social Security, WIC, SNAP, TANF, disability)
- Special Education Documents
- Legal Guardianship Documentation
- Proof that the adult is seeking Guardianship
- Massachusetts Transfer Card
Missing something from the list above?
- No Up-to-date Physical Exam:
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital 508-825-1000
- Briarpatch Pediatrics 774-333-3933 (does not accept MassHealth)
- No paper copy of Physical Exam or Vaccinations:
- Call your doctor or use your Patient Portal
- Birth Certificate:
- Born in Nantucket Order Online
- Born elsewhere? Google City Hall or Vital Records of that town/city
- Valid Parent/Guardian ID: