Maria Fales, Nurse Assistant
Mission: Promote the health, safety, and well-being of the school community and to foster an environment for academic success
Massachusetts Department of Public Health Requirements for School Attendance
- Up-to-date immunization record
- All children in kindergarten through grade 5 must have two (2) doses of MMR and 2 doses of varicella vaccines.
- The minimal age for the last dose of IVP (polio) is on or after the fourth birthday.
- 5 doses of DTAP, 4 doses are accepted if last dose is given after the fourth birthday.
- Hepatitis B 3 doses.
- Influenza vaccine is hightly recommended yearly.
- Physical examination:
- all children entering preschool and kindergarten
- all children new to the school system
- children entering the 4th grade
- Lead test is required for all children entering kindergarten and preschool.