Benefits of Good Hand Washing
Good hand washing is the best way to prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria, including the bacteria which cause MRSA, Here's how to do it effectively.
- Wash often and wash well. Use soap and water to make a good lather.
- Rub your hands together for 20 seconds, washing fronts and backs, between fingers and under nails.
- Rinse with plenty of water.
- Dry with a paper towel and use the towel to turn off the faucet.
- Use of an alcohol-based (60% alcohol) hand cleaner (like Purell) is also effective.