The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has updated the immunization requirements for children enrolled in public schools.
Starting September 2016
- all children entering kindergarten, grades 1 through 5 and grades 7 through 12 are required to have two doses of Varicella vaccine.
- the final dose of polio vaccine must be given on or after the 4th birthday
- 1 dose of Tdap is required for all students in grades 7 - 10
An additional recommendation - an annual flu shot for all school children.
Waivers for immunizations, including religious waivers, must be revewed annually.
Physical exams are required for children enrolled in:
- 4th grade
- 7th grade
- 10th grade
- those participating in athletics
- those new to the Nantucket Public School System